You may have your own policy or have travel insurance through a credit card but do you have assurance that you are covered for evacuation from the Arctic Ocean? Our medical evacuation insurance covers you for any of Icetrek's flights, tours or ski expeditions to the North Pole. It has been approved by our Arctic air operators so there's no doubt about whether you are covered or not.
Our policy provides helicopter and aircraft evacuation from the ice, repatriation to Longyearbyen and medical support along the way. At AU$45 per day we reckon that's good value.
Select the number of days you require, including the day of departure from Longyearbyen to the ice, and the day of return. For example, an overnight trip requires 2 days of cover and a 10-day ski expedition requires 11 days of cover.
1. Expenses for search and rescue operations
2. Expenses for medical evacuation from the Arctic Ocean to a medical facility in Longyearbyen
3. Medical Expenses for outpatient and/or inpatient treatment in Longyearbyen or nearest medical facility
4. Expenses for urgent dental care
5. Repatriation to place of permanent residence or nearest medical facility to permanent residence